Choose Mediation during Divorce
Divorce Mediation is confidential, faster and less expensive than going through attorneys and the court system. I will help you communicate and resolve divorce without ceding decision-making to a 3rd party in court.
Do you need help talking to your partner about divorce?
Depending on a lot of influences, we take marriage seriously enough that the thought of ending it is dreadful and can be numbingly frightening.
I offer a holistic and mindful approach to those in need of help during divorce. Working for everyone involved to create lasting agreements that address everyone’s concerns, needs and interests. I specialize in creating child focused parenting plans and allow parents to make their own decisions based on their goals and family.
Divorce is a stressful and emotional time, disagreements that might be worked out in everyday life need a little bit of help. I am an expert in communication and problem solving who offers divorce mediation and divorce coaching for divorcing couples that is an alternative to litigation.
In divorce mediation, I work for both parties with the goal of empowering each to come to a resolution. Unlike a courtroom or in litigation, you are given the tools, space and time to choose the outcome in your conflict. I do not take sides, instead offering insight and tips to communicate effectively for you to resolve your conflict.
Effective and Efficient
I have an exceptional record of success using holistic and mindful approach that diminishes anger and animosity even as the marriage dissolves. This is particularly important when children are involved. I am also highly experience in business, finance and taxes offering you additional expertise without added cost.
I offer you and your family complete privacy, our work is entirely confidential and protected by state law. Being in a public courtroom and going through litigation where everything you file is public information is a terrible experience when divorcing, I know from personal experience.
As a skilled and creative divorce mediator I can help you come up with plans that are unique to your family and situation, something litigation and the inside of courtroom does not offer. People choose me because of my training, background and experience. One of my favorite mantras is, communicate don’t litigate.
- I’m experienced, as a professional and a divorced single parent, I know the formalities and all aspects of divorce, from the courtroom and litigation through dispute resolution and co-parenting.
- I’ve personally experienced the pitfalls of the legal system and will help you avoid them.
- My experience will help you create lasting agreements that cover all the parts of a divorce.
- I will help breakdown the differences between fears and needs to explore all ideas and options.
- My mission is to help you resolve your conflict with an agreement that works for your family.
I needed help when getting divorced, it was stressful, the process was unknown. We also had a hard enough time working anything out on our own it was going to require professional help. Since then I have dedicated myself to providing a better way for others to get through this rough time than going to court over your differences.
What to Expect
The first time we meet, you can expect that we will give some time and space to talk about the wide range of feelings that come during separation and divorces in families. I will point out some of the advantages to using my process and how it works in detail. We will also have plenty of time for questions, start making a list now, we won’t stop until we answer them all.
When you arrive a friendly face will welcome you and show you to your private room for the day. You will have this space as your own to take breaks and prepare anything you would like to. When we meet as group, we will do so in a comfortable larger meeting room.
Each time we meet we will have a task and a goal to accomplish. Any agreements that are made will be written down and signed by each person. Work that needs to be completed before our next meeting will be agreed to and follow up on via email. At the end of our first meeting we will schedule our next meeting together and outline our next goal.
Time and Cost
Divorces with children can be completed in as few as 8 – 10 hours and we are focused on creating a child centered parenting plan that works for your family. Divorces without children can be completed in as few as 4 – 6 hours. Sometime people need more time or less time and we adjust accordingly to ensure everyone has as much time as they need. Unlike the unknown high cost of the court and litigation, divorce mediation will save you 2 – 3 times the cost. Divorce mediation is a lower cost and faster choice than litigation.
Our Process & Email Support
My goal is simple, to take care of through every step of the process, from start to finish.
- We will begin by reviewing our agreement to mediate in detail
- Meetings times are easily schedule online and via email
- We meet for either 2 hours or 4 hours at a time and have flexible scheduling availability
- Divorces without children can be completed in as few as 4 – 6 hours
- Divorced with children can be completed in as few as 8 – 12 hours
- Mediated divorces last typically last 4 – 6 months
- In between our schedule meetings we guarantee a rapid email response, within a day or sooner
- I will work for you both until the divorce is finalized through the court
Why choose divorce mediation over litigation?
- Divorcing through the court takes longer, it takes 9 to 14 months even years
- Courts cost more money, often $35,000 or more per person
- Divorcing with the use of mediation will save you 3 – 4 times the cost of a litigated divorce
- You choose to create plans and agreements that last
- Less contentious divorces than the adversarial litigation system creates
- Families needs can change more quickly than the legal system responds
- I have years of experience helping families resolve disputes in a child centered holistic way
Divorce mediation experience
- Parenting Plans
- Property Division
- Debt Division
- Retirement Benefits
- Financial Support
- Domestic Partnerships
- Family Businesses